6.21.2012

A mini-peek

A few months ago, my bff James asked me to assist on a project in Middle Georgia, where we're from. The house is amazing - a 200 year old farmhouse in the middle of pecan trees and peach orchards, and the couple who asked for James' help are darling themselves. I was just tickled to help for a few days, and snapped a few pics of the house in progress. 
There's still some left to do, but I thought you'd like seeing it nonetheless.
The house is filled with heart pine galore, cool hunting mounts, and some gorgeous antique china, including majolica that was begging to be seen. James had already found awesome fabrics to be used, plenty of blue and white lamps to complement their antiques pieces, and fresh rugs; everything turned out beautifully!
The study.
How fun are those mounts?



The entryway.
Those lamps - I die!




The family room.
The drapery fabric is amazing, and flanked by those fabulous deer mounts to boot!


En progress...but fabulous! 



We used plenty from her treasure trove of china around the house...there were lots of shelves to do!
I enjoyed discovering the majolica collection at the above client's home so much, it sparked a Pinterest frenzy for me...and I found the following fun pictures of other incredible collections.
Majolica
There are so many gorgeous colors found in majolica patterns. If you're interested in the history of  this type of pottery, go here

majolica
I have seen gorgeous pieces at antique malls, Scott's, and even flea markets. Contemporary copies are great for mixing with the real deal too! Check out Etsy for your own collection.

Majolica

majolica.



why mount one deer when you can mount many
And along the lines of deer mounts, I found this awesome image....the lamps, the flooring, those drapes - the combination of it all is so chic!!!

antler wall art

Antler Wall Collage

Love an antler wall.
Love love love!

2 comments:

  1. I recognize this house :) What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love their house and can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete