10.22.2012

It's Fall around here!

A friend told me about an amazing pumpkin patch a little north of my and David's house. I was swooning over her stories of gray and white and ombre pumpkins...so, later that afternoon, David and I made the 20 minute drive into White County in search of the pumpkin patch. And boy, did we find it! We came home with many pumpkins for our front porch, as well as fresh, local produce for our weeknight dinners.
The pumpkins were so beautiful, I had to share with you all! 
Here's my good sport handsome hubs pulling my pumpkin wagon!
**no, I didn't dress him to match the landscape, but gosh, he looks so cute, doesn't he? :)


Can you feel my excitement?
Gray pumpkins galore, oh my!


There were rows and rows of all different varieties. Not just pumpkins, but mums, gourds, and even wooden caskets for your spooky haunted houses! Eek!


These are not typical orange pumpkins (those are in the background), but luscious blood orange ones with amazing color variations.


And the gorgeous ghost pumpkins!


It was pretty dark when we got home that night from the pumpkin patch, so the next day I spent plenty of time arranging these guys just so.


I love all the colors that came home with me. The speckled, ombre style looks a lot like the squash we eat. And I picked a lighter, terra cotta color of orange pumpkin instead of the traditional ones. A small blood orange one came home too along with a some gray ones and a light yellow. A few white mini pumpkins sprinkled in make it sweet.









After a weekend in South Georiga, I came home with cotton stalks cut from the farm...Love the way they look too.


Here's a few pics of the small amount of decor scattered around my house.
I made this faux bois pumpkin last year from a white one I grabbed from Michaels. 



And decorated these faux pumpkins from Michael's with a little glam glitter.


Is this creepy?
I think the white ceramic skull is oddly glamorous.



The dining table is scattered with cork votive holders, cotton bolls, dried hydrangea, sorghum, and wild flower. A few wine corks and acorns are mixed with the white mini pumpkins.



My dad cut me some cat tails during our farm ride too. I think they're super.


Here's a few snaps of my mom's beautiful fall tablescape too!
Gray pumpkins, pyracantha, sorghum, cotton, and mini white pumpkins on the dining room table.







For the breakfast table, shiny copper painted pumpkins mixed with potted acorns, feathers, and yellow berries!



And now, the world's cutest pumpkin carver! My mother in law and Ben had a ball carving pumpkins!


Hope you all have a fun, safe, Halloween/GA-FL week! 

2 comments:

  1. Very imaginative, Mags (and Joni)! Love you, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some of those fun pumpkins. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete