9.06.2016

A Summer Engagement Party


Hope you guys had a fabulous Labor Day weekend! Ours was spent in the mountains with great friends, in the cooler temps, celebrating the end of a wonderful summer and {fingers crossed} the soon-to-be-here fall weather. 

I wanted to share a few photos from a recent dinner party, hosted to celebrate our cousin and his bride. An Asian themed dinner was held at the beautiful home of my awesome in-laws, and we gathered in the early-August Middle-Georgia heat to toast the bride and groom. My husband, David, and I love going "home" to see all of our family and friends, and were thrilled to celebrate this special couple and their upcoming wedding. 

Earlier in the summer, I had a fit over a huge bolt of Schumacher's Zanzibar Trellis in Canary to make into tablecloths for my party stash - I had a total vision of this setting the tone for the night, paired with my mama's, my aunt's, my MIL's, and my blue and white china. Toss in plenty of palms and hydrangea with mixed fruit and I knew our Asian-influenced theme would be so fun! 

I also used my favorite Citrus Garden tablecloth, and an old antique textile with the white and yellow ones, for a neat mix of old and new. 

My darling bestie, James Farmer, lent me all of his red and bamboo chairs to surround most of the tables - its probably no secret that he has the best stash of party gear in GA! :)) 
















No comments:

Post a Comment