11.16.2012

Client Mood Boards: A Young Family

For a few months now, I have been working with an adorable young family in Athens. Mom, Dad, and their two little girls are just presh. They have a great house in a fun Athens neighborhood, but had been putting off pulling the inside of the house together. I mean, it's not like they've been busy with two little angels under 3.... ;) 
So, in comes me! :)
The first rooms we're concentrating on are the den, the little girls' rooms, and the dining room. Phase II will be the living room, the master, and the basement. 
Since everything is under way now, I wanted to share the mood boards for this project, and in a few weeks, I will show you all the finished products. 
Happy Friday! 

The den called for a better space plan, and first on the list was a comfy sofa for the whole family. Later, we'll add woodwork around the mantel and a built-in for the TV. A simple jute rug provides a nice palette under foot, and a modern piece of art over the mantel will pull in the colors of the fabrics we're using around the space.

I presented the clients with three options for the den space. Fabrics really are the most fun part for me. It's like putting together a puzzle! 
Obviously, we went with option 1 (I love it when my favorite option is the client's favorite option too. Of course I don't tell them that until after they choose though!)
The dining room needs maja help. Really, we'll be starting from scratch. A farm style table with mixed seating fit the vibe of this young family and allowed for more room when guests come for the holidays!


For the older daughter's room (I say older, she's 2 though), we decided on a snappy color palette of pink and green with pops of coral and blue. It's going to be super fun!


For the bambino of the family, a softer palette was needed. 


We're going with shades of light pink, cream and gray! How sweet is this?!?

Have a great weekend and check back soon to see these rooms come to life!

1 comment: