1.02.2013

My Revised Nursery Plan

I am so excited to announce that our little bambino will be a Baby Boy! 
We found out on Christmas Day surrounded by our family, and everyone is thrilled! 
Now that I am 21 weeks along, we've got some maja planning to do before May gets here! And boy, it will be here before we know it!

You all saw my ideas for both girl and boy nurseries before the holidays. Now that we know, I've done some tweaking to the plan. Of course, it won't look exactly like this, but it sure helps this lil mama to have an idea of the big pieces to look for. 

My main inspiration for the room is this large piece of antique crewel that a friend found for me. She knew my obsession with crewel and grabbed it from an estate sale. When I saw it, I knew Baby Griffin needed it to be in his room. I think I'm going to bring it into the room as two small ottomans that can later be placed at the foot of a bed. 
The accessories for the room will be fun: the wall pieces, the light fixture, rug, the window treatments, etc. But, we'll need the larger pieces first. 

My large pieces are:
- a dresser in lieu of a changing table (I can put a changing cushion on top and necessary supplies in the top drawers)
- the baby bed (I am leaning toward this pretty iron one)
- a glider (I love this neutral one)
- an armoire or hutch-style piece for toys and books

Here's my crude sketch of a space plan. I am planning to float the baby bed in the middle of the room since there are only two other walls in the room that can hold a piece of furniture. (True confession: I saw that Kourtney Kardashian floated Penelope's crib and loved it).


And here's the revised mood board:
The crewel features little animals so I'd love to find some paper mache ones to bring into the space to carry that through. Right now, the room has a simple white fan, but I want an overhead light instead. And I think wall sconce will add a soft light to the room when I don't wish for the overhead lights to be on. I am a fool for buffalo check, so I'd like to find one in a blue to coordinate with the crewel and to use as window treatments. As for the bedding, I hear "they" advise moms not to use bumpers anymore, so in that case, I think I'll do a check or striped skirt with linen crib sheet. 
Right now, the walls are Coastal Fog, and I love the color. However, we'll paint the ceiling blue to give Baby Griffin something pretty to look up at. :) 


Would love to know your thoughts! Especially from you mommies on the bumper issue...

5 comments:

  1. Love it Mags!! I know it will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I live on Lanier too, so technically we're "neighbors" =)

    http://www.chapingroup.blogspot.com/2012/12/sweet-baby-emilys-nursery.html

    This nursery features a "faux" bumper so that you get the look w/o the risks. Congrats on your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great plan you have, i am very impressed and i love the way you have planned it. i bet when its finished it would be awesome and perfect

    bathroom accessories

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use a breathable bumper in white and I had the bottom and top trimmed in fabric to jazz it up and add more interest. I'd be happy to share the Etsy seller who did that for me if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What color is the blue on the ceiling?

    ReplyDelete