4.09.2013

Going Green - the color of the year

I love Spring.
Everything is budding shades of green while ushering out those winter months that would never seem to end! 

I have gone a little ga-ga with plants around the house lately - its my attempt to welcome Spring inside even if it doesn't feel so Spring-y outside. I think I've had this hue on my mind since Pantone's announcement back in December. Shades of emerald and jade are some of my favorites for my wardrobe, and I do love green stones in gold jewelry. I haven't gotten the nerve to paint any walls green around here, but my little sis' room at my parent's house is painted kelly green and I love it. It's so invigorating and looks just like her. 

My non-green thumb has managed to keep these plants alive for a bit


And my moss wreaths served as Easter decor


A plant in the powder room. He seems to like his home here so far :)


And this one in my bedroom has been behaving too


If you're a little timid about painting a wall lime, chartreuse, kelly or emerald, here are a few easy ways to incorporate this great color into your home:

A great pillow from Lacefield Designs



A jewel toned pillow from Etsy



A pretty fern



A picture frame


A soft throw

A new kitchen rug


Or go all-out with silk drapes

How will you go green this Spring?


1 comment:

  1. Love the throw so much! What a great shade! Did you get my email about wedding flowers? Let me know if I need to resend!

    ReplyDelete