7.11.2013

Naturally Chic Rehearsal Dinner

Recently, I had the pleasure of designing the floral arrangements for a rehearsal dinner in Athens. When contacted by the mother of the groom, I was thrilled to discover the venue would be Lee Epting's The Hill in Athens, as I had never been there before. If you have been there, you know it's charm already. If you haven't, then you must find the time to check it out! It's just the loveliest place! 

The MOG was a dream to work with - she trusted my judgement and was so pleased with how everything came together! It was nice to take that worry from her as well - wedding weekends are busy and can be stressful!

With the help of my incredible mother, I pulled together a pretty mix of whites, greens, and grays for the event's arrangements. Since I had a 10 day old bambino, my super mom's help was invaluable! Henry was a sweetheart, as usual, and napped in the air conditioned car while we scurried to set the arrangements out.

If I do say so myself, everything was gorgeous! 

A few snaps of the cocktail tables are shared below:
I used green foliage, white Daisies, Dusty Miller, Alstroemeria, and Hydrangea in simple mason jars for these smaller tables.






I used containers from my stash for the event - wood ones, metal ones, pottery, and reed covered glass hurricanes all gave the event a laid back, chic vibe. 
The centerpieces of the round dining tables were a mix of green hydrangea, green cymbidium orchid, Maiden Hair fern, Green Day alstroemeria, and green foliage.







The head table was beautiful! The linens on the tables were a soft camel tone - it was a nice contrast to the predictable white and fit with the look of the event. Wood toppers graced the head table and I loved the mix with the mahogany chiavari chairs.








A simply sweet smilax garland marked the entrance to the dinner tent. Grapevine wreaths with gold grosgrain ribbons made the look complete.


Smaller four-person tables were laid out en plein air, and a potted Maiden Hair fern graced the center of the tables.


The round bulbs strung across the grassy cocktail area made for the prettiest ambiance! 


My large mustard urn stuffed with greenery marked the entrance to the cocktail area as guests arrived and headed to the bar.


A few more shots of the venue:






After our work was done, I couldn't resist snapping a pic of the other lovely historic homes on the property. The stone cottage was just precious! 




1 comment:

  1. And this was the REHEARSAL dinner?? Wow! Better than most weddings! Just beautiful....and with a new mama brain, I can't believe it Superwoman!:) ~ Kim

    ReplyDelete