7.25.2013

New Art Around My Abode

Lately I've added a few new art pieces around the house. It's an easy way to feel like something changed without a ton of $$$. I have too much fun arranging the prints, paintings, and plates - with the nail holes to show for it.

Here's what I've been up to:

The back hallway was freshened with a new print


And new paintings too. 
I had the paintings of our dog Baxter and cat Sandy done for David. The super talented Lisa May Williams did them and I think they're beyond adorable! They're flanked by drawings of my parents and in-laws homes by yours truly. 



***Ps. She also did a painting of our newborn son Henry for my husband's first Father's Day. 
I just fell in love with it!***


Over the summer, my mama and I ran across a pair of nude paintings at the Athens Antique Mall. I had to have them! I added the halo of  chinois and oyster plates around the modern piece that my talented friend Renee did for me, and propped one of the nudes up front.
I love the look of layered art! 



I just really fell for them! The colors were so pretty, and their size was perfect.


Here's the other one hanging in my bathroom.


After acquiring a few antique prints at Scott's, I arranged them with other plates in our basement. The woodland look and depictions of animals suit this room in our house.




I even had one left over to add to a bathroom, neatly tucked under another oyster plate.


Have you added new art around your house lately?

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm into vintage oil landscapes...particularly mountain scenes! I blogged about mine recently...I'm on my Kindle and can't figure out how to copy and paste links...UGH! (Computer issues, I'm not techy).

    I love seeing around your home! Take care! ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete