9.24.2013

A Rehearsal Dinner for a Kentucky Bride and Groom

It was so much fun to assist in planning my cousin Katie's wedding! 
She and her fiance, Justin, had an 16 month long engagement, so there was LOTS of wedding talk and I loved every second! 
Their wedding ceremony and reception would be held at the family farm, Willow Oaks, on the outskirts of London, Kentucky where they both grew up. 
The wedding time finally arrived, and the rehearsal dinner, held at a local country club, began the beautiful weekend! 

Since the rehearsal dinner is usually held on the eve of the wedding, and focuses more on the groom's likes, I conveyed a rustic feel with flowers and fern in shades of green...all tucked into silver buckets. It was fun and laid back...like the groom himself! 

Each container had a mix of green hydrangea, Maiden Hair fern, green roses, and green alstroemeria. 


The hydrangea were so full and gorgeous! I made the drive from Atlanta with SuperMom and Henry in tow on the Wednesday prior to the wedding weekend. Flowers were stuffed in the Yukon - there almost wasn't enough room for the baby! 
haha, I kid. :)


I spent all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday designing floral arrangements and bouquets - when I say it's therapy to me, I mean it! There's something so soothing about it all, and well, the loveliness and scent helps a bit too! 

Here's a nice view of the venue.
Guests mingled as the bridal party made their way from the ceremony site (at the family farm) to the dinner. 




Maiden Hair fern are just so pretty to me. Their green hue is gorgeous, and their delicate fronds so sweet!




Guests were given a choice between ham and chicken for the entree portion - my choice of chicken was fabulous! 









Hope you enjoyed the peek into this memorable evening...you're going to love the rest of the wedding weekend too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment