12.25.2013

A White, Gold, and Silver table, with a {hint} of green


Ok, so you've seen how I'd set the table for a traditional Christmas breakfast, and now I'm showing how I'd set the table for a more glamorous Christmas dinner. 
Still keeping with the neutral palette of green, white and silver for the centerpiece, I jazzed up the place settings with a monochromatic palette of white, silver, and gold. 




Candles are lit, the places are set....


For this place setting I used a combination of pieces....inexpensive silver chargers with my everyday Juliska dinner plate, and this gorgeous gold and white dessert set that was a super special 30th birthday gift. 
The crisp white monogrammed linens were a wedding gift, as was the silver salad forks and spoons in my pattern, Prelude. The ivory-handled fork and knife, part of a lovely fish set, were my grandmother's. The ivory-handled butter knife was a surprise from one of my parents' trips. 
The "G" monogrammed dessert cups were a fun Christmas gift, and the snowflake place-card-holders were on clearance at Target last year. 


I began collecting silver julep cups in college, and I love the nice collection I've got now. They're so classic to me and always look appropriate. 
My mercury glass collection began while I was engaged to be married, and it's so fun to add pieces to it.





The metallic surfaces really sparkle! And I love the gentle reflection on the polished wood table top.





While I was at it, I constructed a looser, more casual centerpiece for our breakfast table in a pretty pewter compote, flanked by reed and glass vases/hurricanes and my favorite cork-covered votives.


Simple greenery, cotton bolls, wheat, brunia, Queen Anne's lace, and green mums are combined for a gathered-from-the-woods look.




Hope you and yours have spent your day lounging around your table, enjoying each other's company, the air filled with laughter and love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment