3.01.2013

A Pretty Little Lady's Bedroom: Before and After

It's so fun to work with clients who instantly become your friends. And that's just what this young family is now - they've been super patient with this preggie designer, and were so open to fun new things. 
After doing their family room and powder room, the little 2 year old (soon to be 3), requested a big girl room. She'd be moving from her baby bed to a big girl bed - a large step for a young lady. :) 

BEFORE
She loved the painting above her chest - and it was a perfect jumping point for color; bright hues that would work for a bright little girl. 


I hope her mom doesn't kill me, but this shows the {desperate} need for drapes. :) And we'd be keeping the chair as well - it belonged to a great-grandmother but needed modernizing too. 


She'd outgrown her baby bed as well, and a queen size bed was on the way. 


AFTER
To say I love the way this room came together would be an understatement. I think it's absolutely adorable! 
We chose a hot pink and white chevron for the headboard and the bedskirt. My husband cut the headboard from plywood and I covered it in batting. I had the seamstress make it as a slip cover so that it can be easily cleaned, or we can always change it by having another slipcover made if need be down the line. 


These lamps were moved from another room in the house, and seemed to find a happy home here. :)
Simple white night stands flank the bed.



To solve our curtain issue, I had black out liner and pink pom pom trim added to ready-made white curtains - easy fix! And they give so much privacy by blocking the sun.


I found the mirror at an antique shop - its a little beat up - which makes it perfect in my book. 
The green euros were made to coordinate with the monogrammed pillow we already had. A simple white quilt and standard shams give a neutral backdrop and can be washed easily. The funky quilt at the end of the bed added one more layer of fun to the mix of fabrics.



Great-grandmother's chair got a maja cute makeover! 
We used a bold pattern with shades of pink, orange, green, and aqua on a white background; and hot pink piping makes the lines of the chair really pop. A fun toss pillow makes this a sweet place for night time book reading.




I hope you love this room as much as me! 
One more room to show - the master - so stay tuned!
Have a fabulous weekend my dear blogger friends! 

1 comment: