10.19.2015

My House Tour: Kitchen, Keeping Room, and Porch


Hi guys! 
I know I've been promising this for a while now. Thanks for your patience! 

I finally had time to take pics of a semi-clean house to share with you all since our move back in the spring. We've been painting, and doing small projects along the way, and its a fun time to share it with all of you! 

First up, our kitchen. Where we spend a lot of time. A lot. 
I painted our cabinets and all trim in this room Revere Pewter. For its coolness and for its neutrality. I'm a sucker for a white kitchen, but our little 1940's cottage seemed to call for something a little different. We keep the bone subway-tile backsplash installed by the previous owner, but swapped out the perimeter countertops for Delicatus granite. I'm kinda obsessed with it. 

With all the stone, I thought the balance of a wood island was fun. We painted the island Antique Pewter and used a pine countertop stained in Special Walnut. 

This space has been perfect for our little family and Henry knows right where everything is. He's a great helper and gets into watching what Mama and Dada are doing now, at 2 and a half. 


In our kitchen is a seating area (the sofa should look pretty familiar to you guys) centered on a fireplace. I used a block printed grasscloth on an accent wall just for fun. 

We sit here and watch Mickey, put our shoes on, and FaceTime the grandparents. 



At the end of the kitchen is the breakfast table. I love this angle as it shows the subtle contrast of trim and wall color. The wall color is Acadia White by the way. 


This is where we eat all of our meals. Usually, Henry's high chair is at the left end, aimed toward Paw Patrol. :) We sit here as a family to have breakfast and dinner together. 



I was so relieved that there was a great spot for my big ol' hutch piece. You guys remember it from our last kitchen? 



Off the kitchen, on the back of the house, is probably the main reason we moved. Besides the fun neighborhood with awesome neighbors and proximity to work and school. :) 
This porch has been where we enjoy grilling, having our friends over, and now that its Fall....its Game Day central. 



Y'all stay tuned, because I am sharing my house tour all week long! Yay! 


1 comment:

  1. I love your back porch, especially the sectional. Would you mind sharing the source for it?

    ReplyDelete